One of the Yahoo group’s I belong to is ‘On the Porch Swing‘ they do a challenge each year:
For those of you who choose to accept this mission, here is your ontheporchswing book challenge for 2010!
1. Read two books whose title contains the first letter of your first and last name – for example – for me – I would read “The History of Love” or “Land of a Thousand Hills. You can do it in either order HL or LH – or do two of the same – two HL’s or two LH’s…. (hope this makes sense!)
2. Read two books by an author whose first name begins with a “D” – this can be two male authors – two female authors – or one of each. Since I tend to read few books by male authors, I may try to do both of mine for this challenge as male authors.
3. Read one book by a female author whose first name is Mary
4. Read a biography about someone you have always been interested in – or just pick someone you have never heard much about
5. Read a book of short stories