How Beauty Met the Beast by Jax Garren

How Beauty Met the BeastHow Beauty Met the Beast by Jax Garren
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

How Beauty Met the Beast, is a retelling of the classic tale.

The beast: Hauk, a former American solder who, after a fire in Afghanistan, is horribly scarred.
Beauty: Joile, a student, and burlesque dancer.


In the beginning of this book there is a very hot sexual encounter, I assumed would set the tone for the rest of this book, I couldn't be more wrong. But really that was fine with me because we were given the chance to watch Hauk and Jolie's friendship develop and a trust build. Both seem to very interested in each other, but neither make a move to the next step. Hauk, thinking his scars and burns so hideous that someone as beautiful as Jolie would never want anything more then friendship. And Jolie, wanting to see him more often, fears that Hauk will only think it's out of pity. She also doesn't want to be used, fearful that because of his appearance he'll take any opportunity with anyone, just to be touched and to feel.

I really enjoyed reading this book, we have fight scenes, kidnapping, friendship that could be more. "There's something there that wasn't there before" :)

I do have one complaint, I wish it had to be a little longer.
I look forward to reading next book, to watch Hauk and Jolie's relationship grow.

View all my reviews I was given this digital copy through netgalley and Carnia Press

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman