His Secret Duchess (Harlequin Historical #393) by Gayle Wilson

His Secret Duchess (Harlequin Historical #393)His Secret Duchess by Gayle Wilson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



3.5 Stars

I liked this book, you have long lost lovers reuniting, families becoming whole, a mad man who get's off on hurting people, revenge, attempted murder.

Mary and Nick haven't seen each other since the afternoon Nick had to go off to battle. They laid together for the first time, the same afternoon privately vow themselves to each other in an old church, the register signed in his blood. With child and not hearing word from Nick, Mary goes to a family offering her child, she lives as the child governess.

Many years later Nick, or should I say the Duke of Vail, hears a story about a Mary Winters who is on trial and with out protection, off he runs to save her.

There is plenty to be said between those two, why there was no word and contact. And that they have a child together. A child Mary will do anything to get back from the mad man who has taken him to be his own.

I had a longer/better review wrote but I am grumpy now and I really didn't want write it all again. As I can't recall how exactly how it all was.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman