Nightwalker (Dark Days, #1) by Jocelynn Drake

Nightwalker (Dark Days, #1)Nightwalker by Jocelynn Drake
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked Nightwalker it was a good start to what looks to be an interesting series. I'm not going to lie, for the first part I couldn't keep focus on it. I'd pick it up read for a bit and find my mind going elsewhere. It was slow starting for me and I feared that it wasn't going to be as good as I had hopped it would be. But like little trooper I am and yes as soon as I typed the words trooper I put on Iron Maiden. But anyways back to the book :P

Mira is a nightwalker, a vampire, but she's not like the others, she can set things on fire. There isn't anything light and fluffy about Nightwalker it is a much darker story, reminding me of some books that was written in the 90s, Tanith Lee's Blood Opera Series comes to mind. What I liked about this is it's not the normal vampire story. We have vampire hunter(s), and well vampires but the thing is they are not the big bad so to speak, there is something worse out there that humans and all other need to worry about, the Naturi.

Also, I laughed for real at the very last line in this book, it was perfect.

3.5 Stars

Will I read the next book?

Yes!!! Very much looking forward to continuing this story.


And because I mentioned it, The Trooper

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman