Red Madrassa (Algardis, #1) by Terah Edun

Red Madrassa (Algardis, #1)Red Madrassa by Terah Edun
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

~I was given this book for an honest review.~

I don't really know where to being when it comes to writing this review. I found that I was having a rather difficult time getting into the story. Things didn't flow well with all the character jumping and place hoping. I understand that the author was trying to give us an introduction to those that will be in the story, but I think it could have be done a little better. The opening of a story is very important, and making it confusing and hard to get into, will get readers giving up before the story really starts.

Once you get past the opening chapters and all the pov/place switching the story starts to get interesting. So those of you who are thinking about reading this book, you should stay with it despite the awkward start.

However with that being said, I found it to be a little flat at times. The pages are moving yet we are getting no where. Things are missing in the story, they get mentioned but nothing comes of it. But as it is the first in a series, I guess the author was leaving things for the next books.

Did I find it interesting enough to want to continue with the series?

I'm interested enough to find out what happens to some of the students. Vedaris, for example I would like to know more of him.

Over all concept for the story was enjoyable centering around a school for the magically gifted. Harry Potter fans would enjoy. Algardis has potential to be an good series.

3.5 Stars




View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman