Shooting Stars (A Surah Stormsong Novel, #1) by H.D. Gordon


Shooting Stars (A Surah Stormsong Novel, #1)Shooting Stars by H.D. Gordon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*Spoilers ahead*

Absolutely fantastic!!

5 shooting stars out of 5




A common country boy and a princess, an unlikely pairing. But they have a connection, there is a tale between the two. Is it written in the stars?

Princess Surah and Charlie have met just once before, a life time ago, and the secret they share if found out, could get them both in trouble.


  "This could get me in big trouble if I'm caught, Surah," he said
One side of her mouth lifted. Then don't get caught, Charlie"


Now a member of the highborn has been murdered and the Black Stone has been stolen. Surah, as the only remaining child of the king is to investigate the murder and theft. Which places her face to face with Charlie, someone who she never thought she would cross paths with again.

This is so much more then a love story, it is a story of magics and sorcery of old with a modern feel at times, a kingdom torn and in need of change. It is one deception,darkness and hate but it is also one of hope, loyalty, and friendship.

  "How much do you love her?"
"More then the moon loves the night and the sun loves the day."

Well written with characters you are able really have a connection with. I completely loved this story, it isn't like any other I have read and I will happily recommend this book and author to others. I'm looking forward to reading book 2 when it is released!

I haven't read any other works written by H.D. Gordon, and I am honored that I was given the chance to do so when I received a copy for an honest review. So with this being a first for me, I did not know that this book was connected to another series written by her, The Alexa Montgomery Saga. A series that I will be reading, very soon!


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman