Into the Deep (Into the Deep, #1) by Lauryn April

Into the Deep (Into the Deep, #1)Into the Deep by Lauryn April
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

*Warning spoilers ahead*

Ivy is a typical seventeen year old, part of the popular group. Trying to fit in, doing things she doesn't really want to do because she doesn't want to be alone.

Things change for Ivy the night her and her friends sneak into the Country clubs swimming pool. The night of her accident.

Now she isn't just the typical seventeen year old, now she can hear the things that no one should. Now she can hear the personal things that no one shares with anyone, she can hear the thoughts of those around her.

With this new ability, not only does she start to doubt who she really is, but she starts to view her friends and those around differently.

At first the things she hears is like a trickling of water, but as the days past it's like she's standing outside in a hurricane, she is bombarded with voices. And one voice stands out from them all.

  A month from now, they'll all be dead.

Ivy has a month to figure out who that voice belongs to and to stop him before it's too late. While doing this she starts to make new friendships, friends that she doesn't need to change to fit in with. For the first time she feels comfortable being just herself.

Into the Deep is a well written young adult novel, with mystery, romance, friendship. I really enjoyed the story but at times I felt like I knew this story. No I haven't read it before, my favorite T.V show is Buffy the Vampire Slayer, it felt like I was reading the episode "Earshot" from Season 3. Where the book isn't exactly the same, there are a lot of similar things. The ability to hear peoples thoughts, searching the school to find the person who they think is going to kill everyone, This time tomorrow, I'll kill you all (BtVS: Earshot).

Over all:
A great book that, I highly recommend to those who enjoy a well written young adult novel, mystery, coming of age/self discovery books. Looking forward to reading Hidden Beneath.

*I was given a copy for review from the author Lauryn April. Thank you for gifting me this copy.*

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman