Scrap by Emory Sharplin

ScrapScrap by Emory Sharplin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
There is a little town called Hellip, which is part of King Ibis's empire. He is a cruel and hateful man. His time on the thrown seems endless.

In this town is a little girl, an orphan named Tucker. Who works as a bakers apprentice, she survives with the help of the other orphans and by stealing things from her work when the baker isn't looking. Her and her fellow orphans sometime pass the time telling stories, a popular one being about the missing daughter of the king and wondering what happened to her.


  So dare you sing the rebels tune
For his daughters rising soon
We dare you sing the rebels tune
If his daughters rising soon.




One day while working a mysterious woman, Vivian leaves a gift for Tucker and from then on her life as she knew it to be changes.

I REALLY liked this book. There where moments that really didn't surprise me but then there where moments where I went wow this story is just great. I was a little disappointed with the ending, I won't lie I kind of wished there was more so now I will just have to sit and patently wait for book 2, twiddling my thumbs as I do so.

Dum de dum, is it out yet?

A wonderful debut novel by author Emory Sharplin. I have a feeling this will be a great young adult fantasy series.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman