A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz

A Tale Dark and GrimmA Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Once upon a time there was a man who decided we needed fairy tales to be more like the use to be, the way they were originally written. Dark and well grim.

This man is Adam Gidwitz.

A Tale of Dark Grimm takes us on the travels of Hansel and Gretel as they travel through out many different tales in the search for parents to love them. Grown ups who are actually good. But the thing is no one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes. Something that both children learn as they experience death and much danger. We are given a story that is gruesome, dark, but lighthearted too. Thanks to the Mr. Gidwitz lovely little story interruptions to check on us readers, thank you oh so much for those, they brought a smile to my face each and every time.

I sat down to read this book and a few hours later I was done, I didn't take a break at all, well other then to grab and snack and run to the bathroom. You know as I was reading the first thing that popped into my head was, 'you know who this author is reminding me of?' C.S. Lewis and the Chronicles of Narnia. Yep and that's big because well it's Narnia.

Wonderful story for children of all ages, and I'm talking wee little ones to us big grown ups who still believe in the magic of fairy-tales.

4.5 Stars

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman