Review: Who Got Liz Gardner by Elizabeth Allen

Who Got Liz GardnerWho Got Liz Gardner by Elizabeth Allen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book came into my life at just the right time. Call it serendipity if you will. Whatever it was, it was exactly what I needed.

I really didn't know what to expect when I first started reading it but boy did I ever feel connected to her. Not saying Liz and I are 100% the same but there are points, and many points when I would pause and go wow, too freaky, too close to home. Word for word thoughts that she has had I have experienced. There was a higher power, some other entity that led me to this particular book at this particular time.

The story of Who Got Liz Gardner is a coming of age story like no other, because it goes past the typical age frame of most and moves into a story of a young woman finding who she really is. The assorted lovers and potential lovers, relationships with her parents, soul searching, self discovery, defeat and finally victory.

I know this "review" is not really discussing the book which was well thought out and wonderfully written by the way, just to toss some normal reviewing into the mix. But for me I got so much more from just a story about a girl/woman. It has been sort of a healing process for me and I am so happy to have read this book, I feel a better person for doing so. Enlightened even. It really has helped me in what is a difficult time in my life.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman