Review: Naked in Death by J.D. Robb

Naked in Death (In Death, #1)Naked in Death by J.D. Robb
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been meaning to start this series for a while now. I have read a few of Nora Roberts books in the past and had liked them, so chances were good that I was going to enjoy her writing under the name J.D Robb. And I was correct.

I mean whats not to like, we have a psychological thriller set in the future, yes there is "romantic" moments, well to be honest there was sex and the build up to potential romantic relationship. It's the year 2023, guns have been banned and are illegal, prostitution is a legal and one must register to become a companion. Eve is the primary investigator on what seems to be a "Jack the Ripper" type killer. But there is more then just murder going on, it's not as simple as that.

I really like both Eve and Roarkes character both together and on their own. I'm happy with the way each have been presented to the reader. Not giving away to many of their secrets all at once but letting us gradually learn about them as they get comfortable enough with the other to share them.

I was a little disappointed, I'm not going to lie. I was kind of hoping the story would have taken a different route then it had. Not saying it was bad, just when they started talking about the history and saying why they thought girls were murdered the way they were, I had hoped she would have went in that direction. (Yes I am well aware that this paragraph doesn't seem to make sense, but to any who have read the book I'm thinking they will get what I'm trying to say)

Favorite scene(s): (something I don't tend to point out all the time)
Roarke showing Eve his gun collection and when he showed her the button.

Think I'll grow quite fond of Roarke and this series as I continue on with it. Must request the next book from the library the next time I go, which will be soon.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman