The Jewel by Amy Ewing

The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)The Jewel by Amy Ewing
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So first of all I LOVE the cover. It is just beautiful. Secondly the story its self was pretty good.

The royal families are in trouble, they can not have their own children. They need young girls to care the baby for them. Each girl is tested once she has her first womanly cycle and if it comes back posture she is sent away to either the north, south, east or west gate to train to then become a suroggett. Once ready each girl is then but up for auction and sold to the highest bidder.

OK so I thought the story was interesting, the writing was not what I would say up to par. The structure was choppy at times but it never affected my enjoyment.

Looking forward to finding out what happens with violet and the other girls.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman