Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

Sharp ObjectsSharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

So I kind of expected something more you know with all the hype about this authors books, I was left rather disappointed. It could just be that Sharp Objects is the lesser of Gillian Flynn's books but I can not really make that call as I have yet to read anything else by her, I should also keep in mind that this was also her debut novel. I do know however that this book has been highly rated by many people on GR. So I am probably in the minority when I say it was kinda meh.

I found Sharp Objects to be disturbing but not in a good way. Not in a way that it engrossed me, luring me back to find out what will happen next. In fact I started and finished an entirely different book while reading this one.

The characters where unlikable, the plot left little to be desired and we'll I kind of figured out who did it early on. Mind you I will give the author props that she did lead me away from my original thoughts at one point making me think another person had committed the murders.

Speaking of murders. (view spoiler) you would think that would be enough to make this a gripping novel but to me it kind of fell flat.

The blurb for this book and the endorsing quotes had tricked me into thinking I would be awake all night glued to the pages. But alas it was not the case for me as previously stated I started and finished another book while taking a break from this one.

I hate that I'm giving it a low rating but it is what it is. Hopefully if I do read her other books they will be more likeable.</["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]>

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman